Antinuclear

Australian news, and some related international items

Lack of clarity on South Australian nuclear waste dump plan

Dump clarity Letter to the Editor, The Advertiser, 17 August 2018
IT is little wonder that the Barngala group is using legal action on the Kimba and Hawker vote on nuclear waste.
The Federal minister misrepresents fully what is happening by telling us that it is a low-level waste dump, when it is also a dump to receive intermediate waste “temporarily” for 100 years.
We were told more than three years ago it was a low-level dump until the Government reluctantly admitted that it was about intermediate waste as well. The local federal MP has said it was about more money. Last month, the Government boosted the employment numbers from 15 to 45 and the money from $2 million to $31 million just before the vote due to start on Monday.
It is vital that we have the full truth on this issue.
BARRY WAKELIN, Kimba

Advertisements

August 17, 2018 - Posted by | General News

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: